5 Dietary Supplements To Consider
With increased desire to lead a healthy lifestyle, people have sought out all means to keep their bodies healthy and vibrant. Dietary supplements have therefore become part of the day’s consumption in almost every household.
You can do many other things to improve your general health but you’ll surely need dietary supplements in order to achieve that optimal health. Companies manufacturing these supplements have also increased, making it a bit harder to identify the best kind of nutrients for you.
I will be listing the top 5 dietary supplements in the market so that you can decide on them with ease.
Collagen Peptides Powder
Collagen is one of the nutrients that will ensure your skin is glowing, the hair is healthy and also your cartilage and bones are strong. This particular supplement has been verified by the IGEN program as non-GMO and therefore as organic as it can be.
- It is gluten free
- The supplement is paleo friendly
- Can be consumed with a variety of foods
- Enhances your general health
- Not favourable for people who are allergic to bovine
- May cause bloating and diarrhoea
- Contains too much proteins and could be harmful if taken in excessive quantities
BioSchwarts Turmeric Curcumin
This supplement has black pepper extract that enhances bioavailability. It is also known to increase the absorption in the body. Among the 100% natural supplements, this tops the list as it has no fillers, preservatives, sugar or any other additives.
Vegetarians can take this supplement because it has no allergen or gluten. Other than that, it has 95%-standardized curcuminoids. The enhancers in it are clinically proven.
For safety, quality and purity, turmeric curcumin has been tested and approved. It contains three seals and undergoes a thorough screening of heavy metals, solvent residues, toxins and pesticides. The product that the consumer receives is there very pure and safe.
- Has been tested for quality and safety
- Enhances bioavailability
- Increases absorption in the body
- It is 100% natural
- Could cause blood thinning due to the turmeric in it
- People with sensitive bodies should consult a doctor before using it
Nature’s Way Sambucus Elderberry Gummies
When it gets really cold during winter, the body’s immune system could be affected and you end up falling sick. It is therefore important to be ready for such times by enhancing the immunity of your body through supplements.
This supplement has triple action immune blend that will support your immune system during cold weather. It contains vitamin C, zinc and naturally occurring flavonoids. The black elderberry extract that is used to make it is full spectrum and there perfect for your body.
There are no preservatives or artificial colours in it and that makes it safe to consume.
- It is gluten free
- Has been tested for bioavailability
- It is Kosher certified
- It is affordable
- Sensitive people may not stand the smell
- Could cause pain and diarrhoea
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder
One of the main effects of using this supplement is that it will give you a youthful skin. Your hair also gets healthier and nails stronger. You can use it in both hot and cold liquids depending on your preference. In case you prefer your supplements with meals, you can add to soups and sources or even desserts.
It has no flavours and you take them by stirring into whatever beverage you like taking. The supplement is made from non-GMO ingredients and that makes it quite safe to take.
- Gives you healthy skin, hair and strong nails
- Can be mixed with soups and sauces
- It is non-GMO
- It will dissolve whether you use it with a cold or hot liquid
- It is a bit expensive as compared to other supplements
- The taste could be weird to sensitive people
PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
People who have recurring problems with their vision should have this supplement in their daily diet. It helps reduce the risk of progressive AMD. Eye doctors have recommended it for people with moderate to advanced AMD.
It contains antioxidants and zinc which when consumed into the body will help prevent loss of vision to people with AMD. It is also made as soft gels that won’t give you a hard time to swallow. Once an eye doctor recommends that you need a supplement, this is your go to supplement.
- It is quite affordable
- Enhances your vision and prevents deterioration
- The gels are easy to swallow
- It is highly recommended by opticians.
- It could have different reactions on different people
Always consult a doctor – Supplements play a big role in giving your body the strength and the ability to maintain a healthy immune system. However, if you take supplements without consulting a doctor, chances are that they could have severe side effects. In case of any weird signs and symptoms, seek a doctor’s opinion and discontinue or reduce the dosage.