How To Lose Water Weight Fast And Effectively
Water plays a significant role in your body composition and is critical for your overall health. The human body contains between 55 percent to 75 percent water. Sometimes your body might retain a lot of water leading to a condition known as fluid retention or edema. Water weight is that extra water stored throughout your body.
Various things like poor diet, chronic diseases and sometimes lack of enough sleep may bring about this condition. The most affected people by this temporary condition are the women, especially during their menses and pregnancy. Water weight can be uncomfortable for some people because it involves swelling of hands, abdomen, legs, and feet.
How Does One Accumulate Weight Water?
Before you find solutions on how to lose that water weight, it is essential for you to look at how it got accumulated in the first place. Some of the reasons include unhealthy lifestyles as well as different health conditions. Some of the most common causes of water retention include;
- Kidney Disease and Heart Failure- in case your liver is not healthy functioning then water can start to build up in your body. This is because the kidney acts as the filtration system for the body and if they are not working correctly, water can start to build up and cause swelling and weight gain.
- Food choices-one reason why people are asked to keep their salt intake in check is that too much salt in the body can lead to building up of water weight in your body. Sodium is an essential mineral that helps in fluid balance in the body. Foods with high sodium and carbohydrates can lead to water retention.
- Physical Inactivity-standing or sitting for long hours during the day can lead to water accumulation. This is because water builds up around the body tissue causing swelling, especially on your feet and ankle.
- Menstrual Cycle- changes in certain hormonal levels particularly in women can cause fluids and water retention. Water weight in women increases a week before the menses and account for adding several pounds of excess fluids. Craving for certain foods, for example, carbohydrates or salty foods can also lead to further water retention.
- Medications- if you read most medicine labels, you will note that some have side effects like water retention. In case you are using any drug, and you notice swelling in different parts of your body, one should immediately consult the doctor.
Ways of Losing Water Weight
- Drink lots of water
One should at least drink between sixty-four ounces or 25 to 50 percent of your body weight water each day. This will help keep you hydrated allowing your body to flush out excess water as well as reduce fluid accumulation easily. Water helps to flush excess sodium from the bloodstream thus allowing the release of retained water. Your body also keeps water for basic processes in case you are dehydrated.
- Reduce on Consuming Processed Food
One of the primary sources of sodium in our diet comes from processed foods. In case you are planning on adopting a healthy living lifestyle or losing some weight, your dietician advocates for clean eating. This means that you are supposed to eat foods from a natural source without preservatives or additives. Most of the processed foods are high in sodium include processed meat, pre-packed snacks, canned foods, and frozen foods.
- Use of Supplements
Some supplement like magnesium oxide and Vitamin B-6 help in the prevention of water weight. These supplements work hand in hand with the kidney to help your body flush out all the excess water and sodium from your body system. The two supplements are also highly recommended to women as they help to relieve the symptoms of a premenstrual syndrome like water retention. They also help to reduce swelling on legs, breast tenderness and abdominal bloating.
- Exercising Regularly
When it comes to losing water weight fast, exercising is one of the most effective ways available. When doing exercises, your body sweats which directly reduces the amount of fluids in your body. Sweating also helps to reduce swelling in your skin making sure you don’t look puffy or bloated. If you don’t like exercising, you can try out the saunas and steam rooms to get your body sweating thus releasing excess water. Work out by doing aerobics or cardio exercises to increase your heart rate and sweat.
- Get Enough Sleep
When it comes to your health, even your doctor can confirm that sleep is as essential as eating or exercising. Research shows that having enough sleep maintains high hydration levels are reducing water retention in your body tissues. Ensure that you sleep for seven to nine hours, and make sure that you switch off your mobile phone or tablet 30 minutes before going to bet to ensure you get deep quality sleep.
The Conclusion Of Water Weight
When it comes to losing water weight fast, ensure that you understand the causes of water retention in your body. It may be caused by the different reasons mentioned above. If you notice that even after living a healthy lifestyle you are still retaining water, visit a physician immediately because it may be caused by a medical condition.